- “Dear Professor Muir, I moved up to the city earlier this month as part of an accelerator in NYC called ERA. Not sure if you’ve heard of it, but they have a lot of successful portfolio companies and the application process is mega-competitive (1500 applicants for 13 spots). So we’re excited to be part of it.
I took your New Product Development class while attending the University of Virginia in 2016. I wanted to let you know that I continuously refer to what I learned while starting my own company, Yogi (https://www.meetyogi.com/) here in New York City. As opposed to some of the more theoretical classes that I took at UVa within the engineering curriculum, your class was the most practical I took. From developing financial models, to optimizing product development iterations, and identifying a clear value proposition, every class left me with nuggets of wisdom that I find myself using in my own start-up. I’m glad I took your class, as it has prepared me for what I’m experiencing now. it’s been a huge value add both personally and professionally.
I look forward to seeing you soon!”
– Gautam Kanumuru, Founder of Yogi
- “A successful 3-month engagement of Doug and his team encompassing some project management/implementation work for a conversion to a new clearing firm, as well as some strategy guidance, turned into a whole lot more. In fact, Doug brought so much to the table that we ended up hiring him full-time! And to this day he’s still doing the occasional project for us. Doug’s energy level is infectious and his insights invaluable. After starting with big picture strategy to assist us with our short-, medium- and long-term goals and help evaluate personnel needs, Doug homed in on the KPIs, policies and procedures necessary to put strategy into action. This included improving financial reporting so we could analyze performance better and keeping us on task throughout. Put simply, Doug would be a ‘shot in the arm’ for any small business looking to face head on industry challenges and ignite growth. I’d be happy to provide a detailed reference if needed.”
– President, Independent Broker-Dealer/Boutique Investment Bank New York, NY
- “I took Doug Muir’s Strategies of Entrepreneurship class at the University of Virginia and it was, by far, the best class I took in my entire undergraduate career. Professor Muir is well known around Charlottesville as not only an incredible professor,”… Read More – Mike Shebat, Operations & Partnerships Manager at Uber.
- “Professor Muir opens his students’ minds to the world of entrepreneurship. He demonstrates contagious enthusiasm, especially when teaching lean-start-up methodology. Having taking Professor Muir’s course on Presentation Strategies for Entrepreneurs, I am ten times more prepared to pitch business ideas to investors.”– Graham Campbell, Crafting Nifty Everyday Solutions.
- “I met with Douglas after some emailing back and forth. He was keen to learn about my business and offer his help. Throughout my meeting with Douglas, he proved very knowledgeable and demonstrated an abundance of experience in business and start-ups.”… Read More – Adam Boyd, Regional Business Development (Scotland) at Zuppler.
- “Douglas came to our company to help us work through some new product development ideas. His one day work shop was great, with a thought provoking presentation and a strong take-away.”…– Ted Dumbauld, Managing Member, Trident Advisors, LLC.
- “When I took over the ownership and operations 3 months ago, the prospect of turning the business around was overwhelming. I hired the Muir & Associates team and it was a bootcamp for three months. They provided me with knowledge and support on every level,”… Read More – Colleen Strong, President, Littlejohn’s Restaurants.LLC
- “Muir & Associates help us expand in the U.S. by streaming our processes and procedures. Douglas energy and motivation is infectious and fun to work with!”… Valeria Bisenti, CEO Bisenti Technology
- “The value to the members is strongly evidenced by the fact that everyone generated good ideas (some with over 40) to beat their competition by using the seven most important stratagems”… Read More – Griff Griffies Chair, Atlanta Vistage International
- “It was a pleasure meeting you and experiencing the Kai Method event. Your energy was great! I cannot tell you how productive it was for me.”… Read More – Sharai M. Lavoie, MBA President & CEO SIS Partners
- “Douglas Muir gave an amazing presentation of his Kai Method for the BIG organization in Charlotte. His enthusiasm for the method was contagious!” … Read More – Michelle Coviello, CPC Director of Business Development for HireNetworks